Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Blizzcon tickets

I know this thought comes from the way I've trained myself to think about the WoW auction house, but if you have a commodity for which your entire stock sells in seconds, clearly you are underpricing the item by a degree of magnitude. To not take monetary advantage of demand that ridiculous, in itself seems ridiculous to me.

I understand that the purpose of this convention is to build goodwill among the fans and I've heard anecdotally that the convention was never designed to make money, and I did notice that the price of entry has increased by $25 for each of the past two conventions, I assume in response to this massive demand.

The only conclusion I can come to is that they fear a backlash from fans if the price was to dramatically rise [because we are all familiar with how rational Blizzard fans can be], which would be contrary to the purpose of the convention.

No comments:

Post a Comment