Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Australia fail

I've heard a bit of discussion of Dark Souls, and it strikes me as being very much a gamer's game. Though my first reaction is to dismiss it on the grounds that it's probably too hard for me, I only have to remind myself that I had the same thought when I first heard about Super Meat Boy, before I ended up playing that and having about as much fun as I ever have playing a video game. [Seriously, seriously cannot recommend that game enough.]

But then I checked into the availability of the game: it's only on consoles [strike one], and the US version is not compatible with my Australian X-Box, so I would have to pay Australian retail price for it. $90+ is far more than I'm willing to pay for a game that I'm not certain I'll even get into for more than a few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment